If you have been searching for a hosting service in Perth to take care of your website, you might have come across the term ‘Bare Metal Server’. You might be wondering what is it and here are certain details to know about it.
What is a Bare Metal Server?
- A bare metal server is a physical server that is devoted to a single tenant. The user of such a server can optimize the server as per his needs. It means that he can optimize the server for reliability, security, and performance.
- The alternative to this server is a hypervisor server. In this server, many users share the storage, compute and other resources.
- The Bare metal servers are otherwise referred to as dedicated servers and single-tenant physical servers. You might have commonly heard the term dedicated server. But, the term Bare Metal can be new for you.
- In this server, the operating system is installed directly on to the server. In turn, it eliminates layers and delivers better performance.
- The good thing about choosing this server for your business is that you can run it on your own data center. Otherwise, you have the option to run it on a colocation center. Even, you have the option to run the server on a monthly or hourly subscription basis. You can do it from a managed service provider.
Why use a bare metal server?
If you are planning to get help from a Perth Hosting service, you can choose the company that offers dedicated hosting. Here are some reasons to consider this server:
- Performance: When you choose the best hosting service, they can customize the server based on your customized needs.
- Security: As your website is hosted alone on a single server, you can ensure better security.
- Reliability: Another important reason to consider bare metal hosting over other types of server hosting services is the reliability factor.
So, a bare metal server is nothing, but the most commonly known dedicated server.